This statement aims to inform you in a transparent and clear way about how we process your personal data that we obtain through the use of our website. By “personal data”, we mean any information that makes it possible to identify you, directly or indirectly. The “processing” covers any operation or set of operations relating to your personal data such as but not limited to the collection, storage, use, update or erasure.
1. WHO ARE WE ?
We are Yalo Hotel (BVBA). We are the controller described below. In this form, we take to heart compliance with Belgian and European legislation on the protection of personal data and privacy (hereinafter “Privacy Legislation”).
2. WHY AND ON WHAT LEGAL BASIS DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA ?
We process your personal data for the purposes and on the legal basis set out below:
Processing of your request to be contacted about our hotel: your consent, expressed by submitting your reservation. Processing your reservation to be contacted for our newsletter: Your consent expressed through your reservation.
We process the data, mainly your contact details, that you share with us through these forms only in order to respond to your requests. We clarify in each of our forms the data that you are obliged to provide in order to process your request. Consequently, you are free to share your data with us or not if they are not indicated as mandatory.
3. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA ?
As a general rule, we try to avoid disclosing your personal data to third parties. We will only share your personal data with third parties if it is necessary for us to fulfil your requests. When we transfer your personal data to a third party processor, we limit the third party processor’s access to the data they need to fulfill their mission. In addition, we require each of our processors to respect the Personal Data Protection Act at all times. In addition, we ensure that the necessary measures are taken (e.g. by imposing certain contractual obligations) to guarantee an appropriate level of protection of your personal data, when our subcontractor processes your data in a country that does not offer the same level of protection as the European Union.
4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA ?
We will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collect your personal data, to the extent that there is no legal obligation requiring us to retain your data for a longer period.
5. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM ?
In accordance with the Data Protection Act, and provided that your request meets the legal requirements, you may at any time ask us to:
– Confirm that we are processing your personal data and obtain a copy of any personal data we process from you (“right of access”)
– Correct your personal data in case of incorrect or incomplete data (“right of rectification”)
– Delete your personal data (“right of oblivion”)
– Restrict the processing of your personal data (“right to restrict processing”)
– Stop the processing of your personal data (“right to object”) in case we process your personal data for prospecting purposes
– Obtain your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable file for your own use or to transfer it to another data controller (“right to data portability”)
6. WHERE CAN YOU MAKE YOUR COMPLAINTS?
You can send us any complaints about the way we handle your personal data:
– By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, you can always direct your complaints to the Belgian Data Protection Authority.
7. NOTE ON CHILDREN
This website and the services it offers are not designed for persons under 16 years of age.
Stay up to date
Connect with all the good stuff Yalo has to offer. Subscribe and stay informed about interesting actions, events, and updates.